By now, I assume you have known about various health benefits and techniques of Squats for Women. In this installment I am going to talk about Different Types of Squats for Women which includes Regular Squats, Full Squats, Inner Thigh Squats, Jump Squats and Squats with Weights.
I have got a bunch of images at the bottom of this article showing Different Types of Squats for Women.t Types of Squats for Wom
Different Types of Squats for Women
- Stand straight with shoulder-width distance between your feet, back straight and stomach sucked in.
- Keep your back as straight as possible and slowly start to lower your torso, as you bend your knees, until you are almost in a sitting position.
- When you go down, ensure your knees do not go beyond your ankles.
- Come back to the starting position and repeat the exercise 10 to 12 times.
- The instructions are similar to the regular squats.
- Keep shoulder-width distance between your feet, back straight and suck in your stomach.
- Ensure your back is straight and slowly start bending your knees as you go down in a squat, till you are sitting on your legs.
- Come back to the starting position to repeat the exercise 10 times.
Inner Thigh Squats
- To do inner thigh squats, place your feet a little wider than shoulder width.
- The difference between these squats and regular squats lies in the way the feet are placed.
- Duck-toe your feet, i.e. turn the toes outside, so that the toes are in the opposite direction.
- Keeping your back straight, and slowly lower your torso till both your thighs are parallel to the floor. Now the knees will also be pointing in opposite directions.
- Slowly come back to the starting position to repeat the exercise, 10 times.
- This thigh exercise should be done only by those who have become adept at the regular squats.
- Do the squats as per the instructions mentioned in regular squats.
- However, do not return to the starting position, instead jump up in the air, land down safely and repeat the squats.
- These squats can be very strenuous on the knees, hence it is important you are careful when you do them.
Squats with Weights
Once you’ve strengthened your squatting muscles and mastered proper squat technique, you can add weights to help build muscle faster.
Squats with Dumbbells: Begin with arms hanging at your sides holding matching lightweight dumbbells. As long as you can maintain proper squat technique, you can gradually add more weight. You can also hold one slightly heavier dumbbell with both the hands (figure ) and perform the same squatting method. A lot of people call this technique as Sumo Squats.
Squats with a Medicine Ball: Hold the ball between your hands close to your body. As you squat push the ball out, extending your arms until they’re parallel to the floor. Return to original position as you rise. The weighted ball helps work you’re arms as well as your lower body.
Squats with Barbell: Begin by lifting just the bar, which will add about 35 pounds to your squat. Rest the barbell on your shoulders and look straight ahead as you squat. Only add weights after this becomes easy.
When learning how to do squats properly, follow the seven proper squat technique guidelines above. If you have any concerns or experience unusual pain, find a professional personal trainer for guidance.
Hope you have liked this article. Please do comment and share your views because you know we love it.
Please also read the earlier post on Squats for Women (Benefits and Techniques).